Thursday, May 2, 2013

123 {456}

Dear Miss Dinah,

Today seemed very busy, and maybe that is why I found that we took no photos!

From the get-go, you and Daddy left the house early to spend some time helping a friend fix his mower. Then we all went shopping to get some mower parts, and then to the grocery store for lunch and dinner. It was cool and rainy outside so you had fallen asleep by the time we got the the store. We made lunch and did lots of laundry and chores, getting ready for a short trip.

A late afternoon nap (for both of us!) and then more laundry and making dinner. You helped me cook a little, and then sat with Daddy, and he did some counting with you. You seem to know what 'two' of something is, but that's as high as it goes, so Daddy played around with you, counting to three.

During bath time I started singing an old nursery rhyme. Since I don't really know them that well, or sing them that much, I just make up my own words. Tonight I started singing, "Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full ... One for the little boy who lives down the lane ... one for Mamma ... and one for ... " I was trying to think of something that rhymed with lane when you chimed in "Dadda!" So I sang it again, and each time you chimed in, "Dadda!"

Lots of hugging today - and this is something I love about you. You've taken to hugging a lot more. Though, many times, you do so with great force. You press your mouth against my cheeks or press my mouth against your nose, so we are smashed together, and you think that it is the funniest thing. It is pretty funny.

Before bed, we found a library book we had not read yet, so that was a fun surprise. You liked it alright, but you always like it after the 2nd, 3rd, etc. time. I guess we all like things we are familiar with. Like old friends :)

I love you,

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment