Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Simplicity {141}

Dear Miss Dinah,

Appearances can be deceiving.

It is a much wiser investment to pour time and effort into the heart of a matter instead of just how it looks.

This rings true for an endless list of things...places...people...
I can think of so many examples but here's just one:

For lunch we made egg-salad with a little tuna. Daddy and Eddie had sandwiches, but I thought that seemed a little boring, so I put mine in a salad.

Then added some fruit and nuts and dressing.
I could have stopped there, but I added a few more odds and ends. The salad looked very colorful and beautiful, and it tasted... just ok.
It was not disgusting, but it just had so many flavors that it became a little, well, confusing.

For dinner, Daddy wanted waffles. Just waffles. I had planned something a little different, but he really wanted waffles so we ended up cooking them. And you know what, they were plain, sweet, simple, and truly hit the spot.



I love you,

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment