Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Your Birth Story Pt. 3 {148}

Dear Miss Dinah,

Daddy arrived home sometime before 8 p.m. and I was very excited to see him. He was helping me through contractions by pushing on my back. In between, he was quickly filling up the birthing pool with warm water from a hose he connected to the washing machine hook-up. At one point it disconnected and I remember making a funny joke about his "water breaking."

I had called Sheila when I realized that we were truly headed toward labor. They had gone home to water their garden and take care of a few things. No sooner had they done those things, that I called them back. In fact, they left so hastily that when they came in the door around 9:15, Jack was carrying chips and the salsa that Sheila had made while they drove the 2 hour drive in 1 hr. 15 min. He asked if anyone wanted any... no thanks, maybe tomorrow? =)

I was dilated to 4cm by the time they arrived. "You are definitely in active labor!" Sheila announced.

A while later, I decided to try the pool.

Sheila, Daddy, and Mamma, and you are down in there too!

We only stayed in the pool a short while. For us, it was more comfortable out of the water.

Around 11 p.m. Daddy sent out a text message to friends and family to pray, you were well on your way.

Tracy, our doula was so helpful and calming. They helped you and I manage each part of our birth one step at a time.

You worked so hard, and did so well
We labored...

A little more.

Until finally...

At 2:23 a.m.
It was time...

For your arrival.





Happy Birthday, darling daughter.
We love you so much.

Mamma <3

3 comments:

  1. You are brave. And happy birthday Dinah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Dinah Monet! I would tell you to have your mamma tell you the story of the day you were born, but she beat me to it! Much love to you and your mamma on this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a rock star Alison! Loved reading Dinah's birth story. Although I think you should have included that the he turned out to be a she! :) And what a blessing she is. And happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete