Saturday, June 23, 2012

Three Big Firsts {152}

Dear Miss Dinah,

Three big firsts, in order of perceived importance...

1.) You took steps today! I'm not ready to say that you are walking, but you took 2 or so little baby steps in the kitchen multiple times this evening.

2.) Your first day of school! You just turned one year old and in everything you do, you are learning fast and furiously right now. So I thought it would be fun to actually intentionally sit down with you and have a little "teaching" session. I decided to use different colored photo albums as "flash cards" and recite colors to you. Then I used your color book and showed the page that matched the color of "flash card" I was holding. Finally, I added your colored blocks, handing you the corresponding block to reiterate the "card" and the book. It was fun, you stayed engaged, and the whole thing lasted only 4 or 5 minutes.


After "school," you hung around, playing with blocks while I tried to snap a non-blurry picture of your face... look how successful we were.











3.) First real teeth brushing, using actual toothpaste.

I love you.

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment