Saturday, June 16, 2012

Your Birth Story Pt.1 {145}

Dear Miss Dinah,

This is the story of your birth.

It was a Tuesday night and I'd just eaten some spicy Mexican food and was having contractions. I was very used to them by now, seeing as how I'd had Braxton-Hicks since about 24 weeks. But these seemed to come at more regular intervals. I knew it wasn't quite time, but I called Sheila and she said they'd probably drive up the next day to check me out.

They showed up Wednesday night (Sheila, Jack, their son, Sheila's sister Tracy). Sheila checked us out. We were making progress toward labor, but still probably a few days away, at least. She also told me you seemed to be long (tall) and bald! It was hard to conceive that she could actually tell those things! (Well, neither turned out to be correct, anyway) :)

Well, what to do when waiting for a baby...

They helped grout the floor!!!


I was allowed to be off-duty :) Tracy (who was the doula - birth assistant - for our labor) and I sat on the other side of the living room. She gave me a foot massage with certain oils that can help bring labor. We got to know each other (we hadn't met yet) and she told encouraging stories to set my mind at ease.

They set up a small pool, in case we wanted to labor in the water. This was actually set up in your bedroom! As you can see, the whole house is still empty at this point.


And for a few days...we waited...

 What were you doing at the time??? =D

We have a lovely way of communicating. You wrinkle up your little nose and breath in and out of it quickly. I do it...and we go back and forth. Then, we bust up laughing at each other. Strange, but hilarious.
I love you,

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment