Saturday, August 18, 2012

Split Pea Soup {208}

Dear Miss Dinah,

You are still teething (drooling a lot) but you seem to be much happier.

One thing we are enjoying right now is reading books together. We have a couple of books nearly memorized:

The Baby Book... Here is a baby faaaaast asleep, you were this little once. At first, babies only lie and look. But soon, they grow strong, and learn to crawl along. And sit up straight, and talk with friends...

Sesame Street's Eyes and Nose, Fingers and Toes... Clap your hands, make a sound, wiggle your fingers all around. Count your eyes, one and two. What color are they? Brown, green, or blue? 

Sesame Street's Bubbles Bubbles...Bubbles bubbles on my nose, bubbles bubbles on my toes, bubbles bubbles in my hair, bubbles bubbles everywhere. Bubbles bubbles, float on top. Bubbles bubbles, pop pop pop!

Dr. Suess's ABC's...Big A little a, what begins with A? Aunt Annie's Alligator, A A A. Big B, little b, what begins with b? Barber, baby, bubbles, and a bumblebee...

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. 

We are starting to enjoy books that are a little longer now.
Smitten: A lint free love story is fast becoming a favorite.
 
This evening, Mamma cooked dinner while you entertained...

Is everybody hungry?

Good...gather round.

I've made something special ;)
 And I made something special too: split pea soup. One of my all time favorites. Probably because my mama always made parmesan bagels to go with it. Daddy, who has never been much of a fan of peas, thought it was great. You liked it too, along with your mac'n'cheese and sourdough bread.
Rinsing.

and pre-cooking carrots and onions.

I love you,

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment