Monday, March 5, 2012

30 Bananas a Day {42}

Dear Miss Dinah,

There are lots of ways of doing things.

Man, oh, man are there lots of ways to do things.

Today, in fact, I learned about this man who is a proponent of eating an all-fruit diet.
OK.
He himself eats mostly bananas and dates, upwards of 10-30 per meal.
I wonder how many bananas I can eat in one day?
(Banana was your first food. You ate about 0.05 bananas.)

Some people don't eat much fruit at all because of the sugar.
Some eat meat, and some don't.

Some people do private school, some public school, some school at home, and some do what I've recently learned is called un-schooling (which sort of freaks me out and gives me a visual of unwinding a spool of thread ... un-spooling?) Regardless, some unwind, I mean, un-school their children.

In my *cough cough* years on this earth, I'd say I believe that it's not as important what you do, but why you do it. If you want to eat 30 bananas, or no meat, or lots of meat, do it. But don't do it because it will be the key to your health or happiness. Because it won't be.

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." (1Corinthians 10:31)

There are lots of ways of doing things (too many), and nobody's way is perfect.
But,
"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. (2Samuel 22:31)
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9)

At the end of the day, most people just want a pat on the back, and someone to say, "Hey, you're doing this all right." In the grand scheme of things, they want to get to the end of life and hear, "Good job. Well lived. Well done."

Well, that was already said, once and for all. Some may beg to differ, but there was only One who was completely "good and faithful" in all things. And unless His righteousness is imputed unto me, all the bananas in the world won't do me any good.

I love you.

Mamma <3

p.s. Since your new favorite past time is standing, you have begun implementing this maneuver in your crib as well. Usually, shortly after I put you down, you have crawled to the edge, pulled the little music-making lever attached to the plush Noah's Ark, then pull yourself to standing, sometimes looking around your room, sometimes straight toward the peep-hole (where the handle will go) in the sliding door! If I leave you alone long enough, you will tire out and plop forward, looking like an inch-worm, paused mid-inching, with your little bum up in the air, fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment