Monday, May 7, 2012

Baby Kitty {105}

Dear Miss Dinah,

Animals may not be human, but they manage to bring out our humanity in a special way.

Today we found a little kitten in the garden at about 4 o'clock.
At first I thought she was a rat, she was so tiny, and I thought she was dead.

I walked the other direction and thought about what to do with her, and thanked God for the gift of life. When I turned around, I saw her little leg moving.
Oh my!

Daddy was working nearby so he was able to come take a look, and noticed it had its umbilical cord caught around it's leg. Daddy cut it off and then we tended to it a little while.

You and I took her to the vet's office. I still didn't think she was doing very well. The vet assistant in the office rubbed her little body, she was making noises and purring! We gave her the tiniest little bottle of kitty formula, and she latched on and took just a tiny bit. The woman also taught us how to help the kitty "use the restroom" ;) She said to keep her warm and just continue to feed and help her potty. She gave me hope and confidence that we could take care of this tiny thing.

She also said that sometimes when the kitty mammas leave them this young, that there is a reason for that. Well, she ended up living until about 9 pm this evening.

We kept her warm, and kept trying to feed, but she just wasn't doing great.

I'm still glad we didn't just leave her in the garden, because even though she was just the tiniest little kitty with the tiniest little breath of life in her, life is precious and it is worth fighting for.







I love you, 

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment