Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sweet Saturday {117}

Dear Miss Dinah,

This morning we were at Granny's, helping with letters for a bake-sale fundraiser. Granny's selling pies, cookies, and cakes to help send cousin Caleb on a missions trip to Germany this summer. Since all her recipes were out, we browsed...

I came across this one that looked like Daddy's handwriting -- and cute misspellings :)

And of course, it looked like his tastes...


The number on the card indicates that he entered it in the fair at one point in time. And sure enough when I told him I'd found this recipe he said we need to make these winners as soon as possible!

You snacked on plums and danced while Granny sang to you. You were curious about Uncle Dan's ice-pack. He hurt his toe and was taking care of it. We stayed over all morning until it was time for us to come home and fix lunch.


This evening you were so very tired that you entered into the giddy giggles, which is always very fun. When I finally put you in bed, you were so tired in fact, that as I sang quietly to you, you kept standing up to be close to me, but falling back down...I walked out and you fell quickly into sleep. 

Just doing a little reading before bed.

I love you,

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment