Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chalkboards {344}

Dear Miss Dinah,

This morning we woke up at your Grandpa's house. He got out some chalk for you and you doodled away on the little chalkboard he has in the basement.

One fun memory I have of being a little girl is waking up on my birthday, and my Daddy (your Grandpa) had drawn and intricate chalk drawing on my chalk board of the 'America Man,' (We Want YOU!) and changed the words to: Happy Birthday to YOU!

Chalkboards have always been a fun memory for me :)

Oh, and what's funny is that he used the same (30 year old) can of chalkboard paint to paint this new chalkboard as he did the old! He was very proud that it still worked.

Soon we went to Sisi's and picked up a few Christmas presents we had left behind - giant chair and giant sock monkey. Once we managed to stuff everything into the car, we were on our way home. You slept nearly the whole 2 hours.

We arrived a few hours later, and unpacked the car. It's still snowy here, and cold, but not near as cold as Wisconsin! You and I did some grocery shopping to restock the fridge and Daddy went to take some friends to see 'The Hobbit,' again.

Looking forward to some 'boring days' for a while. So much activity and travel can be fun...but draining!



 One thing in these photos moves, one does not...



I love you,

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment