Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Last Five Days {361}

Dear Miss Dinah,

We are officially down to the last five days of writing these letters!

When I started it nearly a year ago, my goal was to write for a full year -- 365 days. I didn't know what would happen, or if I would actually be able to do that.

A LOT has happened between then and now (as you can tell by reading these letters) but we have almost made it.



I don't really like it when things end. I'm not sure why exactly, but so many times I remember wishing things could go on longer: special events, family functions, outings, even school sometimes! And now these letters: I'm just not sure that I'm ready for them to end :)

I think that we will probably continue the letters, or a blog in some way, but it will change a little... because change can be good, and things can always be improved upon. Now, on with the today's letter...

I love having you repeat words after me, because otherwise you mostly like to talk in baby babble. This morning when you woke up you came up in our bed and brought your new Veggie Tales book to read. You do best when repeating just one word at a time, so I kept is simple and said,

"Say 'God'"  - Ga
"Say 'loves'" - Yas
"Say 'me'" - Me!

This made us smile!




Trying on Daddy's gift to Mamma: safety glasses with built in flashlights! I think I will mostly use them to read in bed.


Getting together tonight with Miss Mia and Miss Harper at Mia's house. They are about 4 months younger than you.  There were lots of fun things to explore.




"Say 'Cheese'"  :)


Tonight as we were getting ready to go to bed I whispered to you, and you responded back in a whisper:

God (Ga)
loves (Yas)
me (me)

Mamma (Mamma)
loves (Yas)
me (me) 

Daddy (Dadda)
loves (Yas)
me (me)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment