Sunday, January 20, 2013

Days Like Today {362}

Dear Miss Dinah,

Some days will be hard.

Like today.

Some days will be fussy, whiny, don't wanna do it, No way Mamma, sit on the floor and refuse to budge from the window treatments in the front of the church, from the very start of the day...

We may even go on like this throughout the day, vying for authority, inevitably butting heads. Realizing you have to stay in the travel crib, even though you are fully capable of climbing out. Learning that you can't eat your dinner while walking around. And then eat Daddy's, and then Mamma's...

Learning that everybody gets frustrated and everybody wants to be selfish, but for the sake of each other, and honoring God, we put others before ourselves. I know it may take you a while to learn any of this, you are just a wee one. So until then, Daddy and I resolve to remain a united front against your efforts to dominate. You're welcome. We love you too much to let you live a self-centered, unbridled existence.

Tonight at bath time we prayed together. I folded my hands and bowed my head, you bowed your head and put it on your little hands, and I prayed that God would help us to develop a vital, healthy, wonderful relationship...and that morphed into a game of peek-a-boo.

...

This is us making dinner a little earlier. You are digging in the veggies and fishing in the sink. Still, I LOVE your help :)






While I was still cleaning up from dinner, Daddy grabbed your book and started reading with you, and then put you down for bed!

I love you,

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment