Monday, September 10, 2012

Horton Hatches the Egg {231}

Dear Miss Dinah,

Early this morning, Daddy took you out to spend some time with him before he went to pick up an augur with Eddie a few hours away. I wasn't sure if you ate breakfast before you zipped out the door. But then I found the empty pot and half-eaten bowl...Before you two left, he made you oatmeal. How very, very sweet of him!

Today it was business as usual. Lots of work to be done around the house and around town.

Then later this afternoon we took a little break and went to Ginni and Gampa's, and swung on the swings for a while.

And giggled.

And munched on apples.

The view from above.

The view from below.
At this point, you are not too interested in reading the new books we got from the library. You like reading your same old books over, and over, and over. So after you went to bed, I read Horton Hatches the Egg to myself. When the bird comes back to steal the egg from Horton, I got mad and exclaimed, "Oh no you don't!" Daddy said, "What?" and I explained that the bird was trying to snatch the egg from Horton. He said, "I know! Doesn't it make you so mad!?" He was surprised that I had never read the book before.

"I meant what I said and I said what I meant...an elephant's faithful one hundred per cent!"

I'm getting excited to read this one, and many others to you someday.

I love you,

Mamma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment